Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Officially 10 weeks!

So, today I am officially 10 weeks pregnant. So far this has been excellent, sans the many trips to the bathroom today. Seems to be, that today of all days, my bladder is either: 
A) The size of a small paper Dixie cup ( you know the kind you got in school to swish with).
 B) Being squashed by an ever growing uterus (supposedly the size of a small grapefruit as of today). 
C) Or I have an enlarged prostate and should see a doctor immediately ( I'm one of those people who really listen to those medical commercials).
 D) My body is starting to react to all of this pregnancy hype. And every bathroom seems too far away.
Or 
E) All of the above. 


Aside from that, - knock on wood- I still feel great! ( this is the part where I start believing I am part unkillable cockroach - (you know, the kind that is still completely un phased by every single chemical known to man). That's me, and I'm quite happy about it all to be honest. 

I've really been trying to up my water intake ( adding to the  " my bladder gets smaller by the second" issue). Eat well balanced meals, with healthy snacks in between; keep my stress levels as low as possible, and find a reason to walk / exercise more often than usual. It seems to be going well. 

Here are your photos! 


***** Suck in your gut!!*****

Whether you suck your gut in or push it out, I think it probably won't matter for the next few months. 


***** yeah, still looks the same. ***** 


Hopefully anyone who is reading this blog  is doing well too. Maybe you've had a good day, work was as good as could be expected, and your boss still likes you. 

*A note to my family back home; I miss you all terribly ( I'm trying my best to not get all emotional and cry). I miss seeing the familiar faces of my parents, their spouses and my brother, sister in law and their precious kids. I miss ya'll !!! The only thing that's keeping me sane, is regular check ins, photos, Facebook, phone calls and seeing Ryan. Some days you just wish you could re-live that time you unknowingly put strawberry quick in a glass of buttermilk ( thanks ingles for making the cartons look so similar when you're half awake); all for the sake of that single second where your mom laughs and tell you 'it'll be alright, just go wash your mouth out'. Or maybe it's moments you have Saturday mornings with your dad, where you gather the trash, stop by The Miami - have coffee and a good breakfast accompanied by an extended family of neighbors / relatives,- and make your way to the sanitation station and brave that awful stench of trash just for the sake of spending time together. 

If I've learned a few things thing in life, it's appreciation and gratitude. God has blessed me with a second chance, and I hope I'm doing it right. I always try to find the good in any situation, and in people. Always be thankful for what you have, no matter how big or small.  Also, remember to tell your loved ones ' I love you ' and mean it. There's no joking about that one. 


Signing off, & I love you, 

~ Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment