Saturday, March 1, 2014

And so it begins. A test you've never really studied for. Surprise!!!

 
So this is the part, where you put your faith in God and fully trust that he knows exactly what he is doing.


Friday, January 31, 2014, we go about our usual morning routine. Coffee, clothes, work, home.  However this day, I came home for lunch, dug through my old box of things under the bathroom sink and grab this old home pregnancy test, that was expired by at least one year, and still sealed in the package. I rip open the package, take the test, and wait. Nothing happens. No lines, no pluses, no marks of any sort. I tuck it back into the package, clean up, and go back to work. Later on that day, Ryan comes to visit me at work, and offers to stop by the pharmacy on the way home to get a box of tests for me to take.

Upon arrival at home, I see two tests, both clear blue easy home pregnancy tests. I decide to take one then, and one the next morning to be sure the first.one wasn't wrong. I did my duty, followed directions and left the test the allotted time as stated on the package. Too scared to review the results myself, I sent Ryan in to read the results. He reads the first one I took at lunch, " I don't know if this is right or not, let me see the other one." Dead silence. Until, he drops a test and says " Oops, hold on! Oh... Oh.."  He walks out of the bathroom, looks at me, and smiles. I am paralyzed. " What? What does it say?" - I ask him. " It says, 'pregnant' it's pretty clear."  Tears start flooding my eyes blurring my vision. " Oh my God, are you serious? Really? " I say. My heart must have started beating a million miles a minute. Feelings of Joy, Happiness, and pure elation fill my entire being. Along with feelings of fear, and worry because I don't know the first thing about children.
 
Ryan looks at me and comes over to hug me.  He asks " Are you alright? Everything is going to be okay, God has a plan, and we will be just fine." I nod  and embrace him. " I will be alright, I just pray everything goes well and the baby will be healthy."
 
Ryan says I need to call my mother or he will do it himself. Mainly he knows my concern because of my previous health reasons. I call, tell her and wait..
 
The conversation went well, better than expected. She quiets my concern about my health and assures me that, "Many women have gone through this for millions of years and survived and gone on to live healthy lives." I feel a bit more comforted, and begin to ponder how I will begin to tell the others. Monday I'll plan to call the doctors office, and see how to proceed from there.
 
 
So these are the types of pictures that I figured I should post. January 31 2014.
 
 
 
Playing the waiting game.
 
 
 
The results are in!  Pink test is the first test from lunch time, the second is the afternoon test.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment