Monday, March 17, 2014

11 Weeks




March 16 2014

Today: 11 weeks 4 days
You are: 81 days old
About: 1.61 inches long from crown to rump
Your weight: 0.25 ounces

( You Have Grown about .39 inches, and .11 ounces in one week! Way to grow sweet pea!!!)


Today, you are about the size of a fig, or a very large strawberry ( hey, its what I had on hand and was truly delicious at the time). This week is the beginning of a big three week growth spurt. This is a period where you will DOUBLE IN LENGTH, and go through an all around huge growth spurt. Exciting I know... no seriously, I am excited kid.  Your tiny little fingernails are beginning to form on your little toothpick like fingers. Blood will begin circulating between my uterus ( imagine a big balloon and you're inside of it ) and you, and the placenta will start functioning as well. You are now more human like than ever! WOOO HOOO!!! With a visible neck, a straighter back, and thicker skin. Your tiny fingers and toes are now more distinguishable to the human eye ( if I could look in there myself believe me I would ) And there is less risk of a congenital defect now because all of your vital organs should be fully formed.

This has been yet another WONDERFUL week with you. Hopefully you have grown lots, and you're feeling awesome as well. Just flipping and floating around in my belly. I can only imagine that it would feel a lot like scuba diving, or free diving. My lower back hasn't hurt quite as much as it had been in previous weeks, however I have been very very very sleepy. Any chance I get to rest, I have taken full advantage of it.

One really exciting thing this week is that we bought your crib. It is really quite awesome and fantastic.  Your daddy and I had a lot of fun putting it together ( he was way better at it than I was, I really wasn't quite sure what parts went where.  Also, after it was put together and thoroughly cleaned, I put some new sheets on it. These are sheets that your sweet Mimi made. They're my favorite shade of buttery yellow, with a white border that has colorful confetti designs on it. You'd look like a nice little pastry tucked into bed sleeping. 
Look how proud he is!! 




As far as food goes this week, I have really enjoyed; Salt & Vinegar chips ( the more sour the better ), Ice cold orange juice, bananas, strawberries, and coconut yogurt. I know it sounds yucky right? Well rest assured that I don't eat all of those things together. Oh, I also have had lots of hot sauce with dinner each night this week ( or the occasional pass by the fridge and put some on a spoon and eat it straight from the bottle).  Maybe you'll like that spicy stuff as much as I do. I know your Papaw would enjoy that. He really loves hot sauce.

I hope you and I have yet another great week. I love you very much jellybean.

XOXOXOXOOOXXX,
<3 Momma.

Baby jail ! I mean crib. 


No comments:

Post a Comment