Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 16... big things.. and its not just gas!

Welcome to week 16 Sweet lil pup!



Today, April 22 2014

You are: 118 days old ( 16 weeks 6 days )
You measure: 4.57 inches
You weigh : 3.53 - 4  ounces

You're about the size of an avocado, or hand grenade... ( BOOM!!! You really grew again this week!)

Weekly Report:

Well, the bones are in place in your ears ( so that you can hear me better ). I give the best pep talks to you on my way to work. We listen to lots of music of different varieties. This morning we had a Southern Gospel sing off in the car on the way to work. I got all teary eyed when I heard two songs, thank goodness I carry tissues. The muscles in your back are getting stronger and helping you sttrreetttchhh out straight on your back. Also the muscles in your face are getting stronger ( that way you can frown like Mommy and grumpy cat, or have that sweet beautiful smile like your daddy ). You can also perceive light this week, so rest assured Im scouring the house for the brightest flash light I can find to shine in your general direction.

The US report:

I've felt pretty good this week. We had another good week of sleeping eating and breathing. Although my nose is kind of stuffy when I wake up it clears out by lunch time and I can breathe comfortably. We celebrated Easter, ate a few really tasty salads, and I made some Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing with greek yogurt that turns out is good on everything except fruit.  Popsicles ( the really fruity kind ) have become the favorite bedtime treat ( so what if those stupid plastic sleeves shred the sides of my mouth). The lemon head popsicles are really great and just sour enough.

Also, this week we went to the doctor. Everything with you seems to measure up well. They think youre growing just fine in there. I however have to go and have an ultrasound on my left breast because they found a small lump or cyst. Don't worry, Im not scared in the least bit. It doesn't hurt and Im sure its just something that happens in pregnancy. I'd rather be safe than sorry and keep us both safe. I go to that appointment on 4/23/2014.


BIG NEWS!:

I'm pretty sure that I felt you move for the first time this morning. I woke up on my back, and your daddy wanted to cuddle before it was time to get ready for work. I rolled over to my right side, and that's when I felt a squirming burrowing feeling in my belly. I think that was you! I hope to get many more of these squirmy feelings soon. I told your Papaw Ed, and he agreed that it was probably a bad case of worms, whatever the cause, it was blog worthy and no matter what he says, I think it was you.

I love you little squiggly wiggly worm,
XOXOXO Momma <3



 
 
Things from this week
 
 
Your daddy. He's so handsome, and such a good sport, wearing the gardenia flower I picked from the neighbors. I hope one day you love someone the way I love your daddy.

 
This is usually how I start my day off. Don't be alarmed.. I typically try to tame my rats nest of a hair. My mom did teach me how to brush my hair.
 
 
 
16 weeks, and celebrating that wiggle worm feeling in my belly.


 
And then comes some trash talking about how I can blow a big bubble gum bubble- and I slobber all over my own face.


There we go.. see I CAN do it!


 
 
Laughing it up because I did really slobber that much on my own face




 
Okay so Im gonna be a pretty fun mom I hope.

 
Yup 16 weeks has flown by.. I don't really think I have worms.. but then again it could be gas.

 
 
 
Love you sweet baby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment