Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bonding with my baby

Well last night you decided to wake me up about midnight ( 12:48 am to be exact) and I was starving. I tried to ignore the pains and identify them as thirst pains and drink a large glass of water. But no, it was hunger. So loud, it even slightly scared me. My belly was more than growling - it roared. I'm surprised it didn't wake your father. So I got up again, went back to the kitchen and gazed into the great abyss known as ' the fridge." After staring for what felt like an unusually long period of time - I came up with a solution for food. A turkey bacon BLT. 

Now keep in mind, that I have already had a full dinner about 4 hours earlier., followed by a not so often treat for dessert called ' trip to Dairy Queen' I got a small hot fudge sundae. I do try to eat well but sometimes ice cream is a special treat.

Back to the story, BLT sandwich on toasted 15 grain bread, and a tall glass of  1% milk. That's a serious order. We made our way to the couch  and broke bread together. The meal was more than satisfying to say the least, and I wished I had made more bacon. I really love bacon. ( however since February 2012, bacon & pork makes me all hot and sweaty. That's another story for another day) 

I flipped on the tv for a few minutes as we ate and found a the perfect guilty pleasure show COPS ( and cops reloaded ). Requirements for this show are usually a bottle of Mountain Dew and jerky sticks and bags of nacho chips and twizzlers. I better NEVER catch you on this show unless you're the person doing the arresting.  We saw drug busts, prostitution stings and high speed chases. Good tv, classic redneck bonding.  I don't mind waking up when it's time being spent with baby. You're gonna be an alright kid I think. And hopefully we'll get along just fine. 

I love you little bacon loving baby, 
XOXOXO momma

No comments:

Post a Comment