Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 22!

Welcome to Week 22




Hey Sugar!!

I hope this week has been a good one for you. Mommy has been a little stressed and sad because Mimi & Mary left. It's hard to be so far away from the people you love so much. It's okay though, we'll get through it- and best yet, We get to visit them right after July 4th!!!! Yay for a short vacation!!! I have waited a long time, for this. Daddy gets to go too. He works so hard, and he deserves a break too. You'll discover that when you grow up, vacations are nice- whether you get to go somewhere or not. Sometimes you just need to get away, clear your head and refocus on the important things like; what God is trying to tell you and show you, what direction to point your life in and to help refocus on the important things. Just come back knowing that you are always loved and wanted by Him. He loved you before you were even a twinkle in my eye, or wished for in my heart.

Your Progress this week has been nothing less than amazing. You weigh in at a little more than a pound ( about the size of a spaghetti squash - mmm again!, - and I can most definitely feel you swaying and kicking about in there.) You create lots of pressure that I feel, and can really feel you pressing on my surgical scar down the middle of my tummy. I try not to lay directly on my back, so that you don't press up on the scar line.  You're a total of about 11 inches tall from the crown of your head to the bottom of your toes.

Also, you're beginning to form tooth buds- that's the beginning of your teeth. You are beginning to look more and more like a newborn too, your lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more and more distinct. Your eyes have formed, but the irises have yet to start getting their pigment.

As far as how I am doing, I'm okay. I get anxious very easily and have to find ways to divert my attention and refocus on the important things. I'm having mostly good days, but then there are times when I just want to stay in bed and sleep some more. I have started getting more and more tired lately. Sleeping through the night has been difficult as you are growing. I can lay on my side for a while then have to turn because my leg goes numb or you're causing my nerves to be pinched. Its completely worth it though. All that means you're growing. I can suffer through a little bit because I know that you are doing what you're supposed to be doing. And I love you for that. I would never ask for anything else. You are perfect in my opinion.

I do love you little sugar lump- I enjoy singing to you, playing music for you to hear at home and in the car, and talking to you. Sometimes I can even be still or quiet for a bit and start talking and you'll move in response to hearing my voice again. I wonder quite often what you will look and sound like and try to imagine myself as your momma. Unbelievable!!

Your Mimi read me a card that a lifelong friend and neighbor sent to us ( to her house ) it had some very special bible verses in them and I'd like to share them with you. They have helped ease my stress this week and remember the important things.


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 33:3 "‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’


Psalm 37 :3-5 "Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
 
and  a really important one for today :
 
Proverbs 3: 5-6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]
 
 
 
Here are some photos of us for this week:  ( for everyone else... this is probably the last week for a long time in these jeans- its time to move to maternity pants / skirts )







 
And look what showed up in my lunch today:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment