Friday, May 30, 2014

21 Weeks

Welcome to Week 21 !




My dearest sweet child, welcome to your week.

You weigh about: 1 pound ( whatta' whopper! )
You Measure about: 7 inches from crown to rump, or about 9 inches from head to toe ( Barbie doll sized, but you're much more beautiful already than a Barbie doll, and I hope you don't get caught up on those silly things and play with the important toys that make your brain super smart like legos and puzzles)

You are definitely tasting what Im eating these days- the food I eat gets broken down and the flavors and nutrients are transferred to you through amniotic fluid and the umbilical cord. I promise to not eat anything gross. Some of my favorite foods this week  are fresh cut pineapple with sliced strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas and yogurt. Also, steamed broccoli, spinach in salads your dad makes, and my favorite snack, tomato sandwiches on toasted wheat.

As far as your growth goes, you're growing all over lil jelly bean. Your heart, lungs, hands, feet ( I got to take a peek at your lil baby foot this week!! ) , and your whole body are growing so fast and so strong. Its amazing. A baby truly is a miracle. I can literally feel you growing and stretching- how cool is that? When I roll from side to side in the morning or late at night, you like to flip flop around in my belly and switch sides with me. I can feel you put pressure on my insides and stretch out, and sometimes I feel on the outside your butt foot or hand squirm its way across my belly. You still have lots of room to grow, but sometimes your stretches, kicks and punches are at the least startling.

I did get a chance to go to the doctor and do a check up on you. They were checking on how you're measuring up. They were able to measure your abdomen, head, hands, feet, long bones, your spine, and tried to measure your heart. That last one is very important. They had me do pretty much a full mini work out. I was doing jumping jacks, squats, lunges, rolling from side to side, and still no cooperation. You were being a little stubborn, but that's okay I love you anyways. You had turned yourself upside down and backwards. Silly baby... silly sweet baby. We are going back June 12 to try again to get another picture of your heart, and maybe I'll get another peek at you.  Very funny little baby!

  Baby dance!

Doin' your baby thing.. and you're not a thumb sucker!

Your sweet face; I think you may have my chin.
 
Look at that little foot!!! How cute! Maybe you'll have feet like your mama and i'll teach you how to pick up marbles and toys off the floor. 

Also, we got TWO very special visitors !! Mimi and Mary Pressley made the long 9 1/2 hour drive down here from North Carolina to come visit us. Mary Pressley kept your momma from the time she was at least 6 weeks old until who knows when. It was a lot of fun times and learning experiences, kind of like having a second mom. I wish that I could find someone who is just as genuine, kind, and loving as Mary Pressley to take care of you the way she took care of me, and your uncle Alan too. I will put it on my prayer list and maybe God will bless us with that.  It was a very busy and productive visit for us all. I'll tell you about that later on. We did go to the beach- fun! fun! fun!. and NO SUNBURN this time. I really do wish that my family lived much closer, or I lived closer to them. I want you to experience the love and support that I am so blessed to have. These people love and pray for you every single day- and your momma too.  It's a very nice and comforting feeling for me to have visitors from home where I grew up and makes my heart very happy.

Well I hope you have another wonderful week in my womb- I love you more than anything sweet child of mine.

xoxoxo,
Momma
<3
A pirate photo greeting to your cousin Myles who turned 5 this week! Happy Birthday Myles!
 

Enjoying your little kicks and movements


 Mary Pressley and I



Someone ate a watermelon seed! ( this is what really happened)

 

These are the best hugs. The ones filled with genuine love .


No comments:

Post a Comment