Thursday, May 8, 2014

18 Weeks... ( ive been dragging my feet and struggling to breathe)

 Can I just take a minute to apologize to the human in my belly for me being sick?

Dear Baby,

I am so sorry that you have had to put up with the jarring and disruptive seizure like movements of my body for like the past 1 1/2 weeks. I am currently at 19 Weeks 1 day as I am writing this. I am slowly recovering from a serious bout of bronchitis. I hope that you don't feel what I feel. Its been pretty difficult to breathe- It all started one morning when I woke up and felt like someone had tried to smother me with a pillow, ALL night and then hit me in the chest with a shovel.  You and I had to tough it out all day that Monday at work because someone else was sick, and supposedly went to the doctor. We had to wait to go to our doctor appointment Tuesday afternoon right after work. We get there, and I tell them my symptoms and what I think I have. They agreed and sent me off with a prescription for amoxicillin. A weeks worth ( 2 pills per day ) of huge pink nasty pills. I'm not sure if the pink was supposed to make my sickness more attractive, or to scare the germs in my body. However, I am fairly sure that they didn't do much. They also denied giving me a prescription strength decongestant / mucous loosener thing so I could breathe easier. All because they think I may get dehydrated and that would send me to the hospital. I cant afford a trip to "Chez Winnie Palmer" I'd rather die alone in peace hung over the edge of the bed while hot mentholated steam blows in my face and a Kleenex dangling from my nostril. Oh and not to forget your father ( he's a blessing I swear) slathering me down in Vicks Vapor Rub ( making me slipperier than a snotty snake)  I felt awful. I still have a nasty cough ( which is what I am sure is shaking the heck out of things in there for you.) I am so sorry. I work with the public, and money. Two of the nastiest things I can think of besides a port o let toilet. Also, I apologize for the major convulsions I've had in the mornings, I've been doing a sinus rinse ( like a neti pot, but I prefer the squeeze bottle for the pressure blast ) twice in the mornings before work. It works wonderfully in clearing out the crap in my face and chest. If I could throw up after seeing what it washes out, I would. Instead, I just lose my appetite for the next few hours.
 
So that being said, lets move on.




 
Welcome to Week 18!!!
 
You are: 133  to 134 days old
You Weigh: 7 to 7.5 ounces
You Measure: about 5 1/2 inches from crown to rump.
 
This week you have been busy flexing your arms and legs. Kicking all over and jamming out to fun music in my tummy. Your ears have probably reached their final placement on the sides of your head. Your ears are going to be great for listening to your grandparents fun stories, your mom singing to you, and listening to the world around you. I will always make every effort to tell you exactly how special already are, and how much you are loved before you're even born.
 
Myelin, a protective coating or covering is now beginning to form and grow around your nerves. This will continue throughout your first year outside the womb as well. ( I am a firm believer that some people and situations are able to irritate their way straight through the myelin coating around my nerves and irritate the crap out of me sometimes ) .
 
As far as the "Us" update goes, Its been a pretty good week for me aside from being sick. You seem to have behaved well and pretty much baby like kicking and swatting around in there. Im quite sure that while I am at work you are constantly batting at my bladder like a fun squishy punching bag. And on the way home from work, you do the dance The Twist on my intestines. I am quickly learning to adapt to your Papaw Ed's saying " Never pass up a bathroom, and never trust a fart." Its just too risky to even take a chance on. 
 
You like to get quite active right about the time I am ready to lie down and go to sleep for the night, usually around 10-1030 pm. Even once on this past Sunday, we were in church and you decided to kick around while they were saying the communion prayer. I couldn't help but snicker at the tickling feeling in my belly. Its pretty fun and entertaining. 
 
I have also increased my water intake. I've had the worst whole leg cramps in both legs while I sleep. I've eaten my fair share of bananas ( which make me feel half monkey ) had Epsom salt baths, slept with a bar of soap by my legs ( an old wives tale ) and tried relaxing and stretching before bedtime.
 
 
What I am eating: WATERMELON!!! that's right, its that time of year again. I can pretty much qualify this as a non pregnancy related craving. I have been known to slice a quarter, or even half a watermelon and sit there and eat the entire portion in one sitting. Its ridiculous. Im quite sure that this is something I could survive solely on for an entire season.

What am I excited about: Your Mimi coming to visit!!! And bringing Mary Pressley with her I hope! Mary Pressley babysat your Uncle Alan and Me when we were babies.  She will be here at the end of the month a few days after Memorial day. I am also excited that your daddy and I get to see you on the 21st of May. Its an anatomy scan. We are both excited to see how much you have grown and get pictures. Its hard to not be excited about that. I fully expect you to be stubborn, but in the end cooperate at least a little bit so we can get a better picture than last time.


Sweet baby, this about sums it up. I feel better each day as the sickness leaves my body. I'm gonna go get a shower and ready for bed. I love you sweet jelly bean.

xoxoxoxox
Momma <3

Silly momma:










Being silly; you must be pretending to be Chuck Norris - punching your way around my insides






5 weeks vs 18/19 weeks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment