Wednesday, May 14, 2014

19 Weeks.. almost Half Way!

To my little sweetheart,

Welcome to your 19th week! You have grown so much this week, and I couldn't be more proud of you. That's a lot of hard work you're doing!


You Measure: about 6 -6 1/2 inches long from crown to rump
You weigh: about 8 -8 1/2 ounces





This week you're growing lots- and your tiny body is about the size of a mango. Or, if you don't have a mango available, you're about the length of a dollar bill, and weigh about as much as 49 - 50 quarters. Your body is getting a thorough coating of this stuff called Vernix Caseosa. This waxy substance sheds sometime before birth- its main purpose is to protect your fragile soft skin, and shield you form amniotic fluid that surrounds you. If the vernix caseosa wasn't there, you'd come out looking like a little California Raisin ( I'll tell you about that later and how many I had as a kid from Hardees ) .

Also your arms and legs are more proportional to your body this week. That should explain those awesome kicks and bumps I've been feeling.  I know you're playing kick ball on my bladder and punching my intestines as they make those gurgly noises near you. Its okay- for now. Later on if you try that when you get older, we're gonna have words kid.

Your brain is firing off some pretty awesome signals as well- sending you all kinds of signals around your body. Teaching you how to suck your thumb, practice swallowing, practice breathing, and all around movement of your body.

Us Update:
We have had a pretty decent week. Im still slowly recovering from my bout with death bronchitis- Ive got this cough I cant quite shake yet. My legs haven't cramped up too much and I sure am glad about that!! One other reason to be happy- I feel you move a lot more now. You put a smile on my face and warm my heart EVERY SINGLE TIME I feel you move. It is so special. I don't feel a lot because Ive had some work done before you were created, but anything I do feel is a miracle.
I love you lots- Maybe one day you'll understand.

Another fun thing is that I had my first Mothers Day with you. I got special cards from your Mimi Trish and Geezer Donald, and also from Blaine and Elizabeth, and a book from your MomMom Deb. For Mothers Day your Aunt Tiffany met your daddy and me and we went to visit MomMom Deb and Apaw Russ. We went to Playa Linda Beach for a while and had a late lunch of grilled chicken, coleslaw, and potato salad with kale. The weather was very nice, and I did wear sunscreen, but my lower legs and tops of my feet still got burned. Its okay, I'll just wear more sunscreen next time and be extra careful in the sun. I survived just fine.

Well, its time to go and feed you- and me. Dinner tonight is spicy shrimp and chicken tacos and a side of honeymoon melon ( suggested by your Mimi!). It looks kind of like a honeydew and should be pretty tasty. Ive waited all day for this.

I love you lots and always,
xoxoxoxoxoxxx
Momma


Here we are at the beginning of week 19:

Early morning and not sure about how things are progressing...
 So excited I cant contain my emotions... look at that pot belly! ( I promise when youre older, this will mean a lot other than being fat- building a baby is an awesome feat of nature)



week 5 and 19 for comparison
This week you are the size of a delicious Mango!
 

a paper mango never looked more delicious.. i do need more fiber in my diet.. ( nom nom nom )
 
 









 

 
Your Daddy caught you some delicious fish! We think one was a whiting and the other was a sand shark.
 

 
These are the smart guys who go fishing without pliers and are afraid to put their finger in a baby sharks mouth.


 
Apaw Russ caught a fish too!

 
 
Its embarrassing, and the only comfortable shoes I can wear are no shoes or flip flops. I should really know better.... seriously Im too old to be burned like a lobster.
 
 
My legs: before the shower, doesn't look too bad
 
My legs: after a shower... oh my gosh I'm fried.. and look where the sunscreen didn't wash off...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment