Wednesday, May 21, 2014

21 Week Anatomy scan

Well here we are, Wednesday May 21 2014. We made it to the Doctors office and I was ready to give my urine sample and they wont let me. Needless to say we showed up prior to our arrival time ( and then the office was running late) I thought I was going to wet my britches. Seriously. I thought I would pee myself before I even got past the door.  You seemed to think it would be fun to jump on my bladder like its a trampoline while we waited.

When we were finally called back, MaryKay the ultrasound tech tried to get a good picture of you. I let her know that I needed to check the facilities.  She politely declined and greased up my belly to get a close look at what you're doing inside. HA! I squashed you, well, my bladder squished you and I was told to go use the restroom so we could get some pictures. I came back and she re greased my belly and put the ultrasound thing to work. there you were kicking about, wiggling and squirming, and turning away every chance you got. I can only assume that you avoid the cameras because you are crazy beautiful, or extremely handsome. Either way, you'll be a beautiful baby, trust me, you come from a good gene pool. Look at me, and look at your father. Hopefully you'll get a little bit of the best of us. 

I got to see your legs, and arms. I saw your brain. I saw the inside of your abdomen. You seemed to measure up pretty well. However, you would not co operate when it came to looking at your heart. I was ordered off the table, to touch my toes 10 times, do 10 deep squats and sway my hips from side to side,  raise my hands high above my head like I was being robbed, lean from side to side, and do some burpees and finish with 10 jumping jacks. I joked with MaryKay about this and said, " you know if I knew I was working out, I would have worn different clothes and brought my tennis shoes."

I climbed back onto the table, and all that movement only made you dig deeper and further away, and upside down ( HAH!) into my belly. We rescheduled again for 3 weeks from now to June 12.

You better give them what they want, I need to know your heart is working properly so I can be a little more at ease with how you're doing.

Anyways here are the photos I got. I love you lil jelly bean.. you bad stubborn baby... just kidding, youre wonderful and special in every possible way. I love you so much I could explode.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment